Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Golden moments.......

....I could devote an entire Blog to 'this is why I'm a Special Ed teacher' moments but I'll restrict it to a wee anecdote from today's lunchtime.

I read stories during lunch - helps the kids forget that they don't want to eat what's in their lunchbox. Reading a book whilst making sure they don't a) get into a fist fight b) eat any food to which they may be allergic or c) tread yoghurt or carrot puree into the carpet - is quite a skill - one I am still learning. Sometimes I become a little distracted - as I did today - and usually the boys are patient with me. Today however, the story must have been particularly riveting as during one of my distracted moments, the cheeky monkey sitting next to me, grabbed hold of my face with both hands, turned my face back to the book and said in a very 'teacherish' voice....'FOCUS, Miss Kate, FOCUS!'

Like I said... golden moments!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

That is awesome!!! You gotta love kids when the use our own tactics against us! :o) I would love for you to turn this into a blog about why you're a teacher! At the very least you should write more about your kids! Love you!

Heidi said...

That's so cute! And I concur with Tiffy. You should write more stories about them on here!