Monday, May 18, 2009

Chalk and cheese...



We love our garden! It was one of the main reasons we chose this house. I have always lived in a house with a garden and this house had such an English cottage garden feel to it - it was hard to resist. The biggest surprise has been how much the garden has 'de-hermitized' my wonderful husband. It's hard to get Mike in from the garden now - especially on these lovely summer evenings. I'm not sure how it happened but somewhere along the line an unspoken assignment was made; I tend the back garden, Mike looks after the front. Needless to say - we have different gardening styles. I'm going to leave it at that and let the pictures tell the story! Maybe yin and yang would have been a better title for this Blog entry; despite our different approaches/priorities - the end result, I think, looks pretty good!

No comments: