Saturday, February 16, 2008

Sun at last....!


After what seems like weeks of wearing a hundred layers of clothes (day and night!) I finally ventured out today WITH NO COAT. I knew it was warm as Fergus even managed to muster up a couple of pants during the walk. It was was such a tonic to feel the warmth of the sun on my face - a feeling obviously shared by the garden as the crocuses and daffodils seem to have grown at least 3 inches in the past couple of days.

I got to dog-sit today (by choice) whilst Mike, Heidi and Kristian sailed Kristian's new boat from Lake Union to Elliot Bay. Yes - I'd be lying if I didn't say I wish I'd been there - especially given the weather - but I'm guessing there will be other opportunities - fingers crossed!

My compensation earlier this week was a killer view of the Olympics whilst out walking with Duncan. I thank my lucky stars everytime I see those beautiful mountains out across Elliot Bay and wonder what I did to deserve living in such a wonderful place. A little part of me always wishes Mum and Dad or any of my family and friends were here to share the view - but at least it always prompts me to think of them - so they are there in spirit!

No comments: